The name Anna means gracious and merciful and indeed she is! She has gone from being a helpless infant into a bright, confident, loving first grader. She’s a big sister who dotes on her little brother. She’s a sweet daughter who loves her Mommy and adores her Daddy. She’s a kind and caring friend who shares her time and attention (and her toys). And she’s a granddaughter who brings so much joy that sometimes my heart aches from the sheer beauty of her little soul.
I want to tell her how much she is loved but she already knows that.
I want to tell her that she has changed my world but I suspect that she knows that, too.
I have thanked God for her each day since she entered our world – with a song in her heart, a smile on her lips, and a twinkle in her eyes.
On Tuesday as she blows out her birthday candles I’ll be making some wishes, too. Here are my wishes for Anna:
- Even when others are unkind. Stay true to your loving spirit.
- Dream big. If you can dream it; you can do it!
- Pray always: with words, with deeds, with your smile, with your tears.
- Travel the world; have great adventures, but remember to always carry Home in your heart.
- Never forget how much that you are loved. Especially by God.
- Dance like no one is watching; sing your song to all who will listen.
- Question authority; shake things up; make some noise for justice and peace.
- Laugh out loud. A lot.
- Be tough but caring. Be compassionate but strong.
- Be the smartest person in the room but never be arrogant or unkind.
- Love without fear. Give yourself to others without regret.
Happy Birthday Anna. Pawpaw loves you more than words can say!