Every year as a nation Americans pause on the last Thursday of November to give thanks. For many of us this is really just a day to enjoy turkey, pumpkin pie and football. And for that I’m thankful, too. But this year I have so much more for which to be thankful. I’d like to thank God for all of my blessings.
- Thank you for my beautiful wife of 35 years who gives more than she ever receives (even though I try).
- Thank you for my children who will always be my babies even though they are adults.
- Thank you for my grandchildren – they are my greatest joy and hope for the future!
- Thank you for my son-in-law who is not only another son but my friend and my brother in Christ.
- Thank you for my siblings who help keep me grounded and remind me of the importance of family.
- Thank you for my parents who are examples of married love and devotion.
- Thank you for my in-laws, nieces and nephews, cousins, aunts and uncles and all other family members – you fill my life with love and kindness.
- Thank you for my friends who have carried me many times when I have lost my way.
- Thank you for employment, my co-workers and my cherished customers and business partners who are my extended family.
- Thank you for a good home, good health and a full belly.
- Thank for my faith; for Your Son and for my community of believers.
- And thanks for the shitty stuff, too. It makes the good stuff somehow seem even better.
- And thank you God for all the many blessings that I take for granted each day.
My wish is for each of you to have a beautiful Thanksgiving and a moment to reflect on all of your blessings, too.